Updates from April, 2009 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • Yury Gitman 2:54 pm on April 28, 2009 Permalink | Reply  

    :: The Shy Turtle :: (another prototype) 

    The Arduino, Servo Motor, and plexi-glass holder will all fit inside. It will be a tight fit with the power supply and the speaker but it should be doable. The Arduino and Servo will need to be secured inside of the box.


    Ran into "trouble"… discovered I will need to have some sort of a way to push the head back out when the servo turns – fabric alone will not push head back out. Servo will be attached to a dowel which will be attached to a ball inside the head. The head will probably need to go inside of a "cup" of some sort so the fabric doesn't "stick" to the body fabric.


    Wrote several iterations of melody code. Started with "Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid. This didn't work at all! The melody didn't sound remotly like the tune from the movie. I figured that this may be because the melody uses a wide range of scales so I decided to try a different melody…

    Picture 2

    The sedond melody I chose, "Row Row Row Your Boat," was also a big fat fail. Eventhough this song is quite simple, it also uses a wider range than I was capable of achieving. I'm thinking I may need to use "Mary Had a Little Lamb" because that works and I need to work on the code / technical part of the head.

    Picture 3

  • Yury Gitman 2:18 pm on April 28, 2009 Permalink | Reply  

    Morning Monster Showing Some Skin 

    I got to sewing this weekend and now the Morning Monster's skin is complete.

    Photo 20

    In addition, I also created a skeleton for him. The front of the device is hard and flat, but the sides and back have room for stuffing, so they should be softer, to a point.

    Photo 21

    I decided to go with a full Arduino for the skeleton because I think that wireless may take a while and I will need to be able to leave in the programmer, for efficiency. So I have to add the sensors in his arms and get the shades open next.

  • Yury Gitman 12:32 pm on April 28, 2009 Permalink | Reply  

    More prototyping – Constellation Skirt 

    This green circle is to be the electrical layer of the skirt:


    Here is a map of how the 3 constellations will appear: 


    When they are connected:




    next steps

    – add more breaks in the constellation circuits

    – add Li+

Compose new post
Next post/Next comment
Previous post/Previous comment
Show/Hide comments
Go to top
Go to login
Show/Hide help
shift + esc