Charging Circuit and Pachube

This weekend I’ve been working on the charging circuit for the cell phone attached to the sensor. With the cell phone drawing about 160mA during charging I got about 3.5 days of charging out of the 3 d-cell batteries. I realized that there was a bug in my code that never turned the charging circuit off. Thats fixed now and I’m looking into adding some power regulation to the charge circuit to be able to use all the available power from the batteries as their voltage drops.

I also connected to sensor to the Pachube SMS beta! Thanks to Usman Haque and Ed Borden for getting that setup for me! The feed is live here:

In other news I’ve been thinking about a more accessible name for the project… SewerSense
Let me know what you think about that