Antisocial toy

After solving the movement issue of servo, I started thinking about how to put all these electronic parts into my plush toy. First, I moved one of power supplies to mini breadboard and attached it on the Arduino board. Here I simply used both hot glue and tape.

Img_2102

Img_2098

Img_2099

Toys were having fun to hang out together!
Matt’s toy (with accessories made by Hsiang Ju and me) + Hsiang Ju’s duck

Img_2105

The box made of cardboard was used to protect the circuit and provide a platform for servo to stand. Two batteries would be legs of the toy.

Img_2107

Img_2110_2

Everyone was working hard =)

Img_2112

Img_2113

Img_2114

Img_2117

I started sewing the skin of my toy. It’s a lot of work, trust me.

Img_2286

My toy’s head.

Img_2289

I got a plastic clown nose from Halloween Adventure, ha ha, and I used it as the head part, just the perfect size. Servo’s fan was attached on the plastic ball by hot glue, and the same, connected the plastic ball and the fur head skin. So toy’s head would turn to specific angles that I set when motor was triggered.

Img_2294

Img_2298

Img_2317

Img_2319

However, I made a mistake here. Without making sure where eyes would be, I hot glued the head skin with the plastic red ball. When I wanted to sew the IR sensor on its head, I found it’s hard to separate the fabric from the ball. Since I couldn’t mount the IR sensor at the right place, toy’s eyes were much lower than I originally expected. 

Img_2322

Img_2332

Putting on its skin continuously.

Img_2343

Img_2345

Img_2350

Img_2353

Final review document

Img_2357

Img_2359

Img_2364

Img_2369_2

Img_2371

Img_2373

the testing video is on the way.
to be continued…