Updates from November, 2013 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • Evander Batson 9:17 pm on November 6, 2013 Permalink | Reply  

    [homework] simon says 

    1.What did you find difficult about building your project?

    I have not been able to get the code working past stage one ( see video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZf3PwnD0ew ). I have worked for hours and hours and all I seem to be able to do is break my project completely and have to start all over again. It is extremely frustrating.

    2.What did you find easy about building your project?

    I had a lot of fun thinking about the design of the enclosure. I wanted to adhere the LEDs to the leaves of a fake house plant, and then have pressure sensor pads in color-coordinated roots. However, since I haven’t been able to get the code working at all, I don’t feel like I have the time to put together a well-crafted object.

    3. What surprises found you while building your project?

    Getting stuck on this extremely frustrating technical block has really sapped any motivation I had for this project. I feel like I finally have a clear vision of what I want the object to be, but am unable to make any progress whatsoever. I’m giving up on it. I don’t know, I’m sorry but I tried really hard and am at my breaking point with this. I’ll do something better for the final, I feel like putting more effort into this would be pointless.

  • Evander Batson 9:05 pm on November 6, 2013 Permalink | Reply  

    [homework] color dial toy 

    Not sure why this never published… note date on youtube video is oct 11

  • xinhe feng 4:07 am on November 6, 2013 Permalink | Reply  

    About My Simon-Says Game

    When making my Simon-Says game, the most difficult thing for me was the coding part. Since to write the code from scratch seems very hard, I took several approaches. I first tried to get some inspiration from other people’s code. But in many cases, their logics are very hard to understand. Then I turned back to review those code examples we got from class and then add elements into them little by little. Through this way, I finally got the ideal function.

    The easy part of this project was to build the physical electrocircuit. Making the prototype version took me very little energy. Also I was very lucky to find the bamboo box, so deciding what material to use for enclosure did not bother me.

    What surprised me was that to build the final enclosure took me much longer than I expected. I realize that the drill and solder really require practice. To organize the wires inside the box also requires patience and cautiousness. I was very excited when I finally got my Simon works properly.

Compose new post
Next post/Next comment
Previous post/Previous comment
Show/Hide comments
Go to top
Go to login
Show/Hide help
shift + esc