Updates from Soohyun Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Simon Says Documentation Video
RGB Light Assignment
This is a team project with Susan Lin.
Little RGB Light Kaleidoscope.
1. Dj Box Game
This game will connect to web to play game. By using web, users can compete their scores of the game and also other people can watch a player’s playing actions while the player is playing the game. So players can interactively participate to the game even they are not in the same place.
2. Racing Game
This game will be played with two players so that it is more fun ! Players should press two buttons by sequence: left-right-left-right. The speed of the characters will get faster and faster if the player pushes button faster in a correct way.
Above game is well-known game, physical-digital game, which is called Come On Baby. The idea of Racing Game comes from Com On Baby; push buttons in a sequence and as faster as possible to win the other player.
3. Whac-A-Mole ColorButton Game
This is a game which requires speed reaction from a player. Buttons’ default colour is just none-white colour- and when some buttons turn their colour to blue, the player should press the blue-coloured button or buttons. But the player should be careful because the buttons can change their colour to red which shouldn’t be pressed; if the player presses the red button, the player will lose.
I made a penguin toy which detects distance.
A distance sensor forms the penguin’s eyes and if something got closer, it started to vibrate and blink.
Inside the penguin, it has a led and a vibrator.
Because of the vibrator, penguin moves a little bit which is cute.
However, I tried to put an Arduino and a battery inside the penguin, but I failed because it was too heavy to move the penguin by the vibrator. Also, even I put out the Arduino and the battery from the penguin, it is still move more slightly than I expected.
Check out the Video!
1.What did you find difficult about building your project?
- I found that making wearable toy is more difficult than I thought because I need to put all the sensors, lines, hardware chip and also battery on or in it. It was hard to hide the sensors and also hard to hold Arduino and battery with it.
- Also, it is hard to make everyone’s profitable size for wearable toys. For me, I made a glove Simon Says and I found the glove size is not affordable for everyone from small hand to big hand.
2.What did you find easy about building your project?
- The easy to build was I didn’t need to use wood or plastic that is hard to cut and adjust form.
- Easy to find the materials that I need such as gloves, threads, needle and etc.
3. What surprises found you while building your project?
- While building my project, I found wearable toys are harder than I thought! And there is electronic thread I can use for my project which can make to build the project much easier.
- When I put one pressure sensor, it worked well. However, the sensors didn’t work after put all the sensors.
- And… I the most surprising part was that I found I’m not that interested in wearable things.. maybe next time, I will build another Simon Says with another way.
1. Glove Simon Says :: By using just glove, playing simon says. // Wearable Toy!
2. Pull the Ring Simon Says : player should pull the rings following what Simon says.
Inspired by …
If I iterate this idea, I may use smaller rings that can be pulled by fingers.
3. Turn Table Simon Says
This locker makes me confused some times, but so much fun to turn the knob! It reminds me a DJ’s turn table.
Assignment – light sensor with button and LED
I used two buttons: one for increasing way of led lights and sound, and the other for decreasing way of them. In addition, sound and light speed are changed by the light level status from the light sensor analog input data.
LED + Buzzer Assignment
1. Sir Walter Cooler
This Sir Walter Cooler from Microsoft was interesting to me because the machine shows emotional expression, which I am interested in, to give information of water needs to users. It tried to catch users’ attention by showing color on the board and also a man’s voice to encourage users to drink water more.
2. Physical to Digital Color Mixer / Drawing Tool
This work is from MFADT !! This is drawing tool with physical objects and digital images. Users can create colour with 3 cups of water by mixing them in a cup from the data(water weight and selection of water cup). It is just transparent water but it shows differ color on the screen. Also, users can use this color to lamp’s light color. It encourage users to use real physical brushes and water to make colour and apply them to digital world. I think successful thing of the project is it combines analog and digital in interesting way. Users can enjoy their painting with water and brush which are physical art materials to play with digital drawing tool.
3. Sensacell Music Sequencer
This work was interesting to me so much, because I want to explore smart home interaction design and this work inspired me of that. It spreads beautiful visual effects based on sensing system. It encourage users to touch and feel the huge screen and feel something connection between the screen and themselves.
Hi, my name is Soohyun! I’m from S.Korea, nice to meet you. My background is computer science. When I was studying computer science, I only needed to consider about technological functions and precise skills for coding. However, I’m interested in humanity, and wanted to study more about the technology which is focus on interacting with people based on human-centered design approach. This is why I am here and also why I’m taking this class.
My favorite toy was lego!
I loved to make things with lego and make stories and play with them.
Also, puzzle; I loved to carefully find the right piece for the right place.
Hello This is Soohyun !